Question Why is CSGO making my fans spin so fast?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Isaac Mol

Reputable
Dec 27, 2019
My Fans only spin fast in csgo which is resulting in lots of sound. I have an nzxt h500i case and the default case fans but they make so much noise and it's quite distracting especially in game.

Please help.
Thanks.

Isaac Mol

Reputable
Dec 27, 2019
Specs?

Did you update your bios?
Specs:
CPU - i7 8700
Ram - Corsair Vengence Pro 16gb
GPU - MSI 1050ti
Case - NZXT H500i
Motherboard - MSI Pro Carbon Lga1151
SSD - Samsung 860 EVO 500gb
HDD - Western Digital 3TB
PSU - 650 Watt

EDIT: I believe everything is updated, I just got my ssd installed so I got my windows transferred over and a new copy of windows yesterday. I ran a new update with the gpu and ram etc but I'd have to check for the motherboard and cpu.

Starcruiser

Honorable
The latest bios for that board is 7A12v1A, released July 2018. If you're not on that version, I'd update.

Check the fan curve in whatever application you're using or the BIOS. You don't want it letting the fan get too fast too soon.

Also watch your temperatures. MSI afterburner has monitoring tools. CSGO has no limit to frame rate by default last I checked, so try setting vsync on. That will cap the fps at the monitor refresh rate and save you some heat.

Isaac Mol

Reputable
Dec 27, 2019
The latest bios for that board is 7A12v1A, released July 2018. If you're not on that version, I'd update.

Check the fan curve in whatever application you're using or the BIOS. You don't want it letting the fan get too fast too soon.

Also watch your temperatures. MSI afterburner has monitoring tools. CSGO has no limit to frame rate by default last I checked, so try setting vsync on. That will cap the fps at the monitor refresh rate and save you some heat.
Alrighty my man, I have got the latest bios for the motherboard and I think it could possibly be something to do with the nzxt program "CAM" which had a preset for csgo with the rgb of the case so it could be a preset for the fans, but I am not a professional so I will do what you said.

Starcruiser

Honorable
I think it could possibly be something to do with the nzxt program "CAM" which had a preset for csgo with the rgb of the case so it could be a preset for the fans...
That program only controls the rgb. It wouldn't have anything to do with fan speed unless it was wired wrong.

Also, a note, capping the fps with vsync is not a bad thing. In fact, leaving it uncapped can result in tearing because the system is putting out 160 fps but the monitor only shows 60 of those frames. (or whatever your frequency is)
Vsync just tells the gpu not to send another frame until the monitor is ready for it.

Isaac Mol

Reputable
Dec 27, 2019
That program only controls the rgb. It wouldn't have anything to do with fan speed unless it was wired wrong.

Also, a note, capping the fps with vsync is not a bad thing. In fact, leaving it uncapped can result in tearing because the system is putting out 160 fps but the monitor only shows 60 of those frames. (or whatever your frequency is)
Vsync just tells the gpu not to send another frame until the monitor is ready for it.
Alright thanks for the help, I'll check it out and see what happens. :)

amalts01

Distinguished
Jun 20, 2012

Please don't set vsync on in CSGO it will affect his gameplay. CSGO will suffer from severe input lag with Vsync on.

Status
Not open for further replies.