[SOLVED] Why is Droid Hardware Info displaying incorrect CPU architecture?

Aug 8, 2019
I have a Xiaomi Redmi Y2/S2 (YSL) which has Snapdragon 625 chipset. It consists of 8x ARM Cortex A53 CPUs which has ARMv8-A architecture (which is a 64 bit arch). However, the Droid Hardware Info app says that it has armv7a which is 32 bit, why is that so?

Solution
That is probably because of apps limitations.

There is popular app called CPU-Z which used to detect my phone processor sd 617 as sd 615.

If you want accurate results, instead use CPU-X.
It also allows you to add speed and temp notification on the status bar of your phone.

Actually these technical differences doesn't matter in real life.
If the phone meets your needs, there's nothing to worry.

There are even some 32 bit processors that are faster than entry level 64 bit processors.

Sagar_20

Distinguished

There is popular app called CPU-Z which used to detect my phone processor sd 617 as sd 615.

It also allows you to add speed and temp notification on the status bar of your phone.

There are even some 32 bit processors that are faster than entry level 64 bit processors.

Solution
Aug 8, 2019

Even CPU - X isn't showing the accurate info. Or maybe this one doesn't have the 64bit instruction set? Cause even the GSI custom roms for it are in arm instead of arm64.

Sagar_20

Distinguished
All the qualcomm snapdragon 600 series processors are 64 bit.

Qualcomm SD 625 is obviously 64 bit CPU and uses 8 low power Cortex A53 cores.

In my phone, that app shows accurate results.

Stop caring about it.

Last edited: