Question Why is it freezing

mocos21cool

Reputable
Jul 25, 2018
Hey so I’m trying to fix my friends computer because he built it and from the start the pc would just have stutters lightly or really badly but regardless at some point or not with the stutter the pc would just freeze you can’t do anything even when the pc is idle it would do this you would have to hard reset the pc to make it work again the photos are the specs iv tired everything I know and I just don’t know what to do we already did an bios update to see is that is the issue and problem still persisted
Specs
Motherboard Asus ROG STRIX B660-I GAMING WIFI Mini
CPUIntel Core i7-12700
RamCorsair Dominator Platinum RGB 32 GB DDR 5
PSU 750W Corsair
GPU RTX 3070 ti

Hey so I’m trying to fix my friends computer because he built it and from the start the pc would just have stutters lightly or really badly but regardless at some point or not with the stutter the pc would just freeze you can’t do anything even when the pc is idle it would do this you would have to hard reset the pc to make it work again the photos are the specs iv tired everything I know and I just don’t know what to do we already did an bios update to see is that is the issue and problem still persisted
Specs
Motherboard Asus ROG STRIX B660-I GAMING WIFI Mini
CPUIntel Core i7-12700
RamCorsair Dominator Platinum RGB 32 GB DDR 5
PSU 750W Corsair
GPU RTX 3070 ti
Does the light for disk activity stay full on when that happens ? Did you check disk(s) and file system ?

boju

Titan
Ambassador
Was Windows fresh installed from usb or is it from another system?

If Windows was originally from another system then it would be highly recommended to create a usb bootable installer using Windows media creation tool and do a fresh install. Reusing Windows from different hardware doesn't usually end well.

Test memory by booting Memtest86 from usb.

boju

Titan
Ambassador
Has he had problems from the get go?

How long has he had it for before having problems? If certain amount of time has passed then check what's installed and scan for malware. If you have a spare drive to test reinstall of Windows then certainly try that.

Which Windows is on it?