why is lower right flipper on TAF still weak?

Hi folks,

I recently purchased a TAF that needs some work, and I am not an
electronics wiz, nor a pin expert(this is my first pin ever)

All four flippers were sloppy in one way or another, so I purchased
all new flipper assemblies-no rebuilds. basically, I pulled the entire
assembly for each flipper and popped in a new one, coil, spring,
plungers and all.

The result was amazing. Plenty of power. I am noticing though, that
the lower right flipper is weaker than the left-much better than
before, but it's frustrating being able to barely make the right ramp
shot.......

anything come to mind that I should look at? Is this a common problem
with older pins-unless I am not getting adequate voltage from the
fliptronics board, I'm not sure what it could be.....

thanks for any thoughts...

Hi!

First of all check by moving the bats with your hands if the mch realy
moves freely. If it's harder to move upwards than others but falls back
easily then the return spring is too strong but this is really
unlikely. Other things to check: Is the coil the same resistance as the
other (you might have mixed up the mech with the upper right mech which
is supposed to be less strong if i'm correct) if not then check the
voltages at the coil if okay then see if the driving transistor is
okay. Other than that can't think of anything else right now.

BTW did you get my email?

Thanks Ed. I will check. No, I have not received an email from you.

I got your mail but it seems my mail services are shite so do you have
icq or skype or anything for direct contact?

> the lower right flipper is weaker than the left-much better than
> thanks for any thoughts...

Most common problem is the verticle end-play, as described by Lloyd.

Though, just to be sure, I would check the if the coil sleeve slides in
and out, without any effort. If the coil was stressed/over heated,
then the coil sleve will be tight to remove. If it is tight, replace
the coil.

good luck, let us know what you find, after you got if fixed.

You might have to do some digging to sort this out. Do you have a little up
and down play on the flipper to prevent binding on the parts underneath the
playfield ? The new plunger assembly you put in - does it move freely ? (
even new parts can be defective ) Check the brackets holding the flipper
coil - they should be straight up and down - if leaning in or out they can
cause binding. The bushing the flipper shaft goes through the playfield in -
be sure it is clean and not cracked. Flipper button points clean ? After all
that, then maybe try swapping left and right flipper coils and see if the
problem moves. Not likely a coil problem, but may as well rule things out
one at a time. You have the right number coil on there ? And not a bad or
mis-nimbered repro ? LTG :)