Question Why is my 2070 super worse than my 2060 super?

Dec 22, 2020
I've been running games and i haven't been having any problems at all with 2060 with an easy 200 fps on rainbow six siege and others but with my 2070 it cant handle 100 fps on all low graphic settings WTF it cant run good on any of my games that I currently have ( even roblox) any fixes!!?

I've been running games and i haven't been having any problems at all with 2060 with an easy 200 fps on rainbow six siege and others but with my 2070 it cant handle 100 fps on all low graphic settings WTF it cant run good on any of my games that I currently have ( even roblox) any fixes!!?

Please list your full system specs; we can't diagnose your problem based only off of your GPUs and a game.

Subbed.

OPs system was giving twice the amount of fps before the GPU change. What does the hardware have to do with it?

The only semi-logical thought would be the possibility of driver problems.

1. It's customary for a poster to list full system specs when trying to have a problem solved, at a minimum so that we can determine that it's not a hardware problem. What if the OP just changed something else and didn't mention it? What if the OP encountered a hardware problem at the same time he switched GPUs? I'd rather give advice based on complete information.
  2. As I said before, the OP switched from a RTX 2060 Super to a RTX 2070 Super; why would that be a driver problem? Both GPUs are the same generation and use the exact same driver. I use a 2060 and a 2080 in my system and they both use the exact same driver and function just fine even if I move them into different PCIe slots or remove one or the other from the system entirely.

1. It's customary for a poster to list full system specs when trying to have a problem solved, at a minimum so that we can determine that it's not a hardware problem. What if the OP just changed something else and didn't mention it? What if the OP encountered a hardware problem at the same time he switched GPUs? I'd rather give advice based on complete information.
  2. As I said before, the OP switched from a RTX 2060 Super to a RTX 2070 Super; why would that be a driver problem? Both GPUs are the same generation and use the exact same driver. I use a 2060 and a 2080 in my system and they both use the exact same driver and function just fine even if I move them into different PCIe slots or remove one or the other from the system entirely.
If the OP changed something, it should've been mentioned in the first post.