Why is my 2400 RAM running in task manager as 1600?

Kieran_805

Reputable
Feb 13, 2016
I have a AMD A10 7850K APU, a GIGABYTE F2A68HM-H Motherboard, and 2400MHz Kingston Hyper X Memory (2 sticks of 4 GB). My task manager in Windows 10 Says I am using only 1600 MHz RAM. I Have already enabled both XMP Profiles and both of them have the same result. I want to get 2400MHz speeds out of my ram if it's possible. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Solution
HX324C11SR/8 is a single. XMP settings are for a single, not two of them. Combining multiple singles can cause compatibility problems, such as being unable to operate at rated specifications.

Also, DDR3-2400MHz is for overclocking.

You may want to try manually setting the DRAM frequency clock, DRAM Timings, and DRAM voltage. No guarantees are made when using multiple kits or multiple singles.
HX324C11SR/8 is a single. XMP settings are for a single, not two of them. Combining multiple singles can cause compatibility problems, such as being unable to operate at rated specifications.

Also, DDR3-2400MHz is for overclocking.

You may want to try manually setting the DRAM frequency clock, DRAM Timings, and DRAM voltage. No guarantees are made when using multiple kits or multiple singles.

Solution