Question Why is my case fan not working?

Jul 7, 2022
Hello everyone, I'm new to this site and I'm also new when it comes to PC builds and stuff like that.
Today I built my first PC and everything seems to work fine besides the case cooling fan. It has also LEDs and they work but it just doesn't spin. I'm scared I messed up with cables and connecting them on the motherboard but I checked a lot of times and tried different slots but it still won't spin.

Maybe it's something with the controller? 'Cause yeah the case had the fan pre-built in and on the back there is a controller where the fan is plugged into and then you have to connect that into the motherboard. I tried connecting directly the fan to the motherboard but it doesn't work in that way either.

Here's the build:
  • Case: The Rock Evo
  • Motherboard: B550-A PRO
  • CPU: Ryzen5 5600X
  • GPU: GTX 1060
  • SSD: Crucial P2 1TB
  • RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (2x 8GB)
  • Power Supply: Sharkoon WPM GoldZero 650W

Can someone help me? I can add photos if needed

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

Please add images of the connectors of the fans and the controller that came bundled with the case. Also, try and take close up shots of the connectors of the fans. If they are the 3pin ARGB kind or the 4pin RGB kind you should be able to see an arrow on the connector, that lines up with the 12v/5v connector on the motherboard.

Images of the case;
shows it to come with one fan, that's in the rear.

Jul 7, 2022
EDIT: I fixxed it by removing the controller and plugging the fan cables directly into the motherboard. But now I have the white light on "BOOT" on the motherboard if I turn the PC on

Last edited:
Controller on the back of the case: https://ibb.co/vwQCNtX
*I noticed that it has "POWER" on the bottom part but I have nothing to plug into it
You plug sata power connector in there (coming from PSU)
or else fan controller will not function.

ITCFHA635g.png

Jul 7, 2022
Alright, thank you
(I didn't fix the boot problem but I'll figure it out or bring the PC to someone who can fix it, I don't think this section is right to talk about it here, so thanks everyone for replying and helping me!)