Question Why is my computer not able to use any graphics card?

Bubzy118

Prominent
Mar 10, 2019
HI Everyone!

Thanks for taking your time to read my post, I am new to partaking in online forums as usually I can solve an issue by myself!

This is a complicated matter and I have tried everything I can think of and have exhausted google searches for weeks... so here I am, my first time resorting to using a forum directly.

I started having issues with system resets whiles gaming last year in June, then it persisted into blue screening randomly some times the computer would not even start. I put this down to hard drive failure and left it as life was to busy.

Recently I have found time to approach the task and set out to buy a new SSD and Hybrid HD, I put a clean install of windows on the SSD and updated the SSD firmware, and was exited to update my GPU drivers and get gaming.... but everytime I boot a game up it would crash into a system reboot with no blue screen.

I played around with the drivers to no avail, one driver made it so games would just crash and take me back to my desktop and that felt like progress, but then it just went back to doing its usual thing and rebooting the system.

I have verified windows files, checked ALL the drivers on the pc are up to date and updated my BIOS so my last effort was to go and exchange my NVIDiA GTX 970 4gb for an AMD RX 570 8gb so that I could kill two birds with one stone and if it where the GPU they would either tell me in store it was broke or if they didnt notice I would get home and this GPU would work but.... after installing this GPU I get "No AMD graphics driver is installed, or the AMD driver is not functioning properly" I have booted in safe mode and removed all the drivers, when I try to install the drivers in safe mode it tills me they are already installed even though they are not and when re installing them in a normal boot as administrator it results in the same issue "No AMD graphics driver is installed, or the AMD driver is not functioning properly".

When checking the Device Manager I am greeted with the code "Windows has stopped this device because it has reported problems. (Code 43)" and this was the same with the last card when it would cause a reboot.... I am at a loss here and really need help, slowly put allot of money into this and cant afford to put much more in... and tbh I dont actually see what putting more money into it could do.

Please see below list of components:

Motherboard: ASUS P8Z77-V LX
Processor: Intel Core i5-3570K
Graphics Card: Radeon RX 570 Series
RAM: X2 8GB Kingston hyperx fury DDR3
Hard Drive 1: SanDisk SSD PLUS 240 GB Sata III 2.5-inch Internal SSD
Hard Drive 2: Seagate ST2000LX001 2 TB FireCuda 2.5 Inch Internal SSHD Hard Drive

Other things I have tried:

Both pci slots
re seating ram
re seating card
crying

If anybody could help I would be immensely grateful, I have been tempted to pay somebody but most people round here cant even code a web site in CSS Grid and make it look nice to their customers to I am no where near sold on their technical abilities.

Thank you to everyone who makes an effort in advance, if you have any further questions about my hardware or software please ask, all suggestions are welcome!

Kind Regards,
Mike

Bubzy118

Prominent
Mar 10, 2019
Apparently I had a newer version but that makes no sense so I installed this one, will reboot and re install the AMD drivers and let you know the result

Bubzy118

Prominent
Mar 10, 2019
Set to GEN2 and no difference still hit error ... although now my cpu fan keeps failing soooooooooooooo motherboard Removed?

Last edited by a moderator: