[SOLVED] Why is my computer so slow with an i5-10600K?

Jan 2, 2021
Hello!
I have a build made from the ASRock H470m-STX and the i5-10600K. It has 16GB of RAM and I am using the onboard graphics. I would expect this processor to run super fast, however, even general web browsing tasks cause freezing and the computer in general is acting very slow. Even using the desktop highlight function on the homescreen while moving the mouse around too fast will cause freezing, and a spike to 100% GPU usage. This build is brand new. Some things I noticed was that the clock speed for some reason for the CPU was .8 GHz as compared to the 4.1 GHz the i5-10600K is supposed to be capable of. The GPU seems to be the biggest problem. I am using the latest drivers for it, the Intel UHD Graphics 630 Version 27.20.100.9168. Does anyone have any idea why the computer is SO slow?

i5-10600K
Onboard Intel UHD 630 Graphics
ASRock H470M-STX Motherboard
16 GB 2666Hz ram

Solution
Hello!
I have a build made from the ASRock H470m-STX and the i5-10600K. It has 16GB of RAM and I am using the onboard graphics. I would expect this processor to run super fast, however, even general web browsing tasks cause freezing and the computer in general is acting very slow. Even using the desktop highlight function on the homescreen while moving the mouse around too fast will cause freezing, and a spike to 100% GPU usage. This build is brand new. Some things I noticed was that the clock speed for some reason for the CPU was .8 GHz as compared to the 4.1 GHz the i5-10600K is supposed to be capable of. The GPU seems to be the biggest problem. I am using the latest drivers for it, the Intel UHD Graphics 630 Version...
Hello!
I have a build made from the ASRock H470m-STX and the i5-10600K. It has 16GB of RAM and I am using the onboard graphics. I would expect this processor to run super fast, however, even general web browsing tasks cause freezing and the computer in general is acting very slow. Even using the desktop highlight function on the homescreen while moving the mouse around too fast will cause freezing, and a spike to 100% GPU usage. This build is brand new. Some things I noticed was that the clock speed for some reason for the CPU was .8 GHz as compared to the 4.1 GHz the i5-10600K is supposed to be capable of. The GPU seems to be the biggest problem. I am using the latest drivers for it, the Intel UHD Graphics 630 Version 27.20.100.9168. Does anyone have any idea why the computer is SO slow?

i5-10600K
16 GB 2666Hz ram

Please run this and post a link to your results.

Hello!

i5-10600K
16 GB 2666Hz ram
You need to use supported hardware, which you are not. You'll have to replace the CPU with a supported (non 'K') model with 65 watt TDP. The bios has an option to increase power up to 90 watts which may help but still is not a proper solution and the VRM's will cook.

View: https://vimeo.com/510607277

Solution

TRENDING THREADS