Question Why is my CPU doing this?

Mar 13, 2019
i got a Ryzen 5 1600X when i first built my PC in 2017. However, i noticed something weird on HWMonitor. Keep in mind its not overclocked. I did try overclocking a couple times but i failed so i left it at stock speeds. But HWMonitor shows that my CPU is at 3.7GHz ALL CORES even though the stock speed should be 3.6GHz?? please help

The base clock might be 3.6 GHz, but as long as cooling is adequate, it can boost all cores a tad higher, and/or a single core as high as 4.0 GHz....

If it idles down to 800-1000 MHz when you are merely staring at your desktop with nothing really going on, and boosts to as high as 4.0 GHz under a load, then it's behavior is normal....

Mar 13, 2019
it gives me 3.7 GHz when idling. im not playing anything i just opened the HWMonitor and it gives me 3.7 GHz but theres nothing going on. i remember when i first built my rig, i opened HWMonitor then, and it would give me 2 cores at 3.6 GHz or something then the rest of the cores were like 1.2GHz or something but now it says all cores are 3.7 GHz and i find it useless because i have nothing going on. Also my cooler is the NZXT kraken x62 V2

Mar 13, 2019
Yes it does that. I asked it because if it would had been enabled, then that would have been doing it. My bad that I wasn't clear with it.
oh i see lol. so does that mean everything is normal or what. also im having another issue with ryzen master software. im trying to uninstall it from control panel but keeps giving me an error 1720 something to do with windows package installer. do you know how to fix this or do i have to factory reset my PC?

Vlade

Reputable
Feb 22, 2019
oh i see lol. so does that mean everything is normal or what. also im having another issue with ryzen master software. im trying to uninstall it from control panel but keeps giving me an error 1720 something to do with windows package installer. do you know how to fix this or do i have to factory reset my PC?
Well I'm not an expert, but I have Ryzen 7 2700X and my idle speed seems to be 2.2GHz also so I would say it's normal. Why do you need to uninstall it?

Mar 13, 2019
Well I'm not an expert, but I have Ryzen 7 2700X and my idle speed seems to be 2.2GHz also so I would say it's normal. Why do you need to uninstall it?
cuz when im trying to install the new version nothing happens. i tell it to upgrade and it says done, but i have no way of launching so i want to uninstall then reinstall to fix it but it's being wack af