[SOLVED] Why is my cpu running so hot

Jan 17, 2022
So I have a ryzen 7 5800x and so I decided to get a Corsair icue h100i pro rGB xt and my cpu is running at 48c even with the pump and fans set to extreme I have no clue what’s up with it and when I play a game it jumps to the high 70c with extreme and then when I use cinebench I hit 86c what’s wrong with it

what’s wrong with it
there's many things that can cause abnormally high temperatures.

could be installed incorrectly,
could be old thermal pad/paste if the cooler sat in storage for years before you purchased,
could be placement and fan orientation...

you will need to provide much more information regarding your complete system specs,
case and system-wide cooling setup including all fans' make & model, their placement, & their orientation,
ambient temperature in the room,
placement of the system; floor, cabinet, desktop, etc.

Jan 17, 2022
there's many things that can cause abnormally high temperatures.

could be installed incorrectly,
could be old thermal pad/paste if the cooler sat in storage for years before you purchased,
could be placement and fan orientation...

you will need to provide much more information regarding your complete system specs,
case and system-wide cooling setup including all fans' make & model, their placement, & their orientation,
ambient temperature in the room,
placement of the system; floor, cabinet, desktop, etc.
The case is a Corsair 220t I reapplied the thermal paste the aio radiator is on the front of the case due to not being able to fit it on the top because of my ram being in the way then I have 4 Corsair sp120 fans 1 on the back for exhaust 2 on the top for intake and one on the front for intake it’s placed on top of a wooden desk and the ambient temperature is around 30c

So what am I supposed to do to keep it cool
to get better temperatures you would get a better cooler with a larger radiator or possibly just better fans even.
Corsair doesn't provide the best fans available, but even getting Noctua iPPC or something just as powerful would probably only lower temperatures a few degrees in each scenario.

have you tried manually settings fans & pump to 100%?
this "extreme" profile may not be quite doing that.