[SOLVED] Why is my downloadspeed so slow in bridged connection?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Solution
You will need to use ICS if the connection to the router is via wifi you can not just simply bridge it. When you run ICS your computer is running as a router. Not sure why it slows it down that much but it will slow it down some. It greatly depends on what you are running on your laptop.

You can get fairly inexpensive wifi nic cards it tends to not be worth all the hassle to use your expensive laptop as a dump nic card.
You will need to use ICS if the connection to the router is via wifi you can not just simply bridge it. When you run ICS your computer is running as a router. Not sure why it slows it down that much but it will slow it down some. It greatly depends on what you are running on your laptop.

You can get fairly inexpensive wifi nic cards it tends to not be worth all the hassle to use your expensive laptop as a dump nic card.

Reactions: SuperSerr
Solution
Mar 4, 2019

Thanks for your fast reply!

The laptop is also going to be used as a streaming PC for when I want to stream to twitch. I wanted a wired connection between PC an laptop for transferring the scene in a high quality and in 60 fps without too much delay or any other problems.

I'll try to figure out how ICS works and see if it works.

Status
Not open for further replies.