Question why is my gpu and memory clock so high?

Hey there,

Yes, that GPU can have boost clocks up to 1770mhz. Depending on the model and make, it could be higher or lower than that.

Which exact model do you have?

Also, when you say on the 'desktop', is this while playing a game, or just sitting at idle?

Oct 3, 2023
Hey there,

Yes, that GPU can have boost clocks up to 1770mhz. Depending on the model and make, it could be higher or lower than that.

Which exact model do you have?

Also, when you say on the 'desktop', is this while playing a game, or just sitting at idle?
my gpu is 3070ti gigabyte
and i mean sitting in idle

my gpu is 3070ti gigabyte
and i mean sitting in idle
Hey there,

What power plan are you using? If it's high performance, then switch to balance.

In the NVCP set your GPU power management mode to balanced, instead of performance, Then test again.

As a matter of interest, what temp is the GPU when like this? I supect it's ont going to be high, as there is no load on the GPU, or maybe there is as @Phaaze88 suggested.

Last edited:
Another thing is if you're using multiple monitors with refresh rates that don't line up with each other neatly (e.g., 144Hz with 60Hz), this may cause the video card to not go into idle clock speeds. Though in my experience, it doesn't idle that high.

TRENDING THREADS