Question Why is my graphics card performing so poorly?

Jan 19, 2020
I just bought a 2060 super, and I installed the latest drivers and used ddu to uninstall the last ones and reinstall the new ones. But, the card is unusable. The gpu usage jumps to 100% and lags horribly. But, when I put in my 1050 ti, it works fine.

Jan 19, 2020
I just bought a 2060 super, and I installed the latest drivers and used ddu to uninstall the last ones and reinstall the new ones. But, the card is unusable. The gpu usage jumps to 100% and lags horribly. But, when I put in my 1050 ti, it works fine.
Also nothing overheats (gpu/cpu)

Swarzenegger

Great
Jan 6, 2020
Hard to say...
First of all give a list of your full specs (CPU full name, Ram with freq and timings, PSU brand and Watts,...)

You can try to do a simple benchmark: Passmark . I use those things a lot for comparing and seeing what fails. Just do the 3D graphics test and look which scores are lower than average.

Also how did you install the new drivers if I may ask? You might need to do a DDU in safe mode and reinstall again.

Jan 19, 2020
Hard to say...
First of all give a list of your full specs (CPU full name, Ram with freq and timings, PSU brand and Watts,...)

You can try to do a simple benchmark: Passmark . I use those things a lot for comparing and seeing what fails. Just do the 3D graphics test and look which scores are lower than average.

Also how did you install the new drivers if I may ask? You might need to do a DDU in safe mode and reinstall again.
I did it in safe mode. I followed a tutorial for it. But, I have a i5 9400f with a 2060 super, 8gb of ram with 700w thermaltake psu and a gigabyte b30n motherboard