Question Why is my graphics card underperforming?

hennyxo

Prominent
Jul 12, 2019
I just recently upgraded my pc, and after doing some benchmarks with some games, I realised that my graphics card is underperforming, compared to other benchmarks I've seen online. G-sync and v-sync is turned off, and I've pretty much tried all the other solutions that has come up in other forums like re-installing drivers and so on. I did build this pc on my own with no prior experience, literally my first time, so maybe I didnt install something properly? idk. Anyways I'll drop down my specs below, and what GPU tweak showed me whilst i was in game for battlefield 5, one in 4k and the other 1080p . Please feel free to ask me for any other additional information. any help would be much appreciated, thanks

Motherboard: MSI Z390-A PRO MOTHERBOARD

Ram: 8g KINGSTON 2400MHZ DD4 HYPERX x2 (16g intotal)

Cpu: INTEL CORE I7-9700K (overclocked 5.1)

Gpu: ASUS ROG STRIX GEFORCE RTX 2080TI ADVANCED 11GB GDDR6 (overclocked)

500 GB SSD SAMSUNG

Also have 650W power supply, forgot what brand.

Battlefield 5 1920x1080:

121 FPS

GPU 1905 MHZ --- 58 DEGREES CELCIUS --- 74% USAGE

CPU 4798 MHZ -- 61 DEGREES CELCIUS --- 58% USAGE

Battlefield 5 3840x2160

51 FPS

GPU 1890 MHZ --- 59 DEGREES CELCIUS --- 82% USAGE

CPU 5102 MHZ -- 66 DEGREES CELCIUS --- 64% USAGE

boju

Titan
Ambassador
Is BF5 the only game tested?

In BF5 play around with Ray tracing settings. Ray tracing is v.taxing.

Check out future frame rendering option in the game too.

Don't use Geforce Experience to optimise, it can set details and other enhancements quite high based on where the quality slider is positioned.

hennyxo

Prominent
Jul 12, 2019
Is BF5 the only game tested?

In BF5 play around with Ray tracing settings. Ray tracing is v.taxing.

Check out future frame rendering option in the game too.

Don't use Geforce Experience to optimise, it can set details and other enhancements quite high based on where the quality slider is positioned.
Okay, seems like ray tracing was the culprit . Thanks for pointing that out, I had no idea it had such a huge impact.

Reactions: boju

TRENDING THREADS