Question Why is my HDD space going down?

simmyx

Honorable
May 15, 2017
HI
Im installing Forza 4 onto my HDD , and I can see my SSD space going down as well ? Via the xbox app

Is this because of the temporary files ?

simmyx

Honorable
May 15, 2017
Probably yes, temp files.
Also, some things DO get installed on the C drive, no matter where the game install is.

Well the D/L is 75GB and my storage space on the HDD is saying 65gb and keeps going down hence why im concerned
I definitely chose to install on the HDD and when I started the install it went down to 75GB so must be saved on there ?

simmyx

Honorable
May 15, 2017
Installing a game via the xbox app on W10
In the folder it's being installed on it says " Size" 16GB and then " Size on Disk " 73GB
The size on disk is increasing parallel to the download, but size on disk stays the same.
SO am I right in saying that the size on disk is the allocated space put aside by the download, and size is the actual size its taking up ?

USAFRet

Titan
Installing a game via the xbox app on W10
In the folder it's being installed on it says " Size" 16GB and then " Size on Disk " 73GB
The size on disk is increasing parallel to the download, but size on disk stays the same.
SO am I right in saying that the size on disk is the allocated space put aside by the download, and size is the actual size its taking up ?
Probably, yes.