[SOLVED] Why is my PC cutting out after only a months use?

Sep 3, 2019
I built a new pc about a month ago and last night had problems with the power cutting out after playing world of warcraft for about 10-15minutes.

The PC reboots after shorting out and seems to run fine until i start the gaming.

Ryzen 3700x
Gigabyte 2060 rtx
x570 aorus pro
corsair 3000mhz 2x8gb ddr4
Corsair 750rmx
1gb samsung SSD
Corsair carbide 275r case
corsair h60 water cooling
1x 120mm fan

I tested the temperatures and the CPU seems to sit around 40 with the GPU going up to around 68 when shorting out.

Any idea what could be causing it? a lot of similar threads seem to suggest the motherboard or PSU which i tried to make sure would be a good quality

Solution
Well, it should only take a week or two. They may try test it first before sending a replacement. But not long.

It's not often a new PSU will fail, but certainly not unheard of.

No probs. You're welcome. Hopefully that will sort it, or you may have luck with re-seating/reconnecting everything.
Random reboots like that are normally associated with the PSU. Can you swap one in to test, or maybe borrow one from a friend?

Is the PSU new?Even still it's possible it's a dud. If new it's most certainly covered by warranty, so potentially look at RMA'ing it. Get the replacement and hopefully that sorts it.

Might be worth checking the GPU is inserted correctly, and that power cable are in right.

Sep 3, 2019
Random reboots like that are normally associated with the PSU. Can you swap one in to test, or maybe borrow one from a friend?

Is the PSU new?Even still it's possible it's a dud. If new it's most certainly covered by warranty, so potentially look at RMA'ing it. Get the replacement and hopefully that sorts it.

Might be worth checking the GPU is inserted correctly, and that power cable are in right.

I don’t have another one to try unfortunately but I did buy it brand new.

Going to try re plugging everything in tonight then will try replace if not.

How long does it usually take to get a replacement with Corsair?

Thanks for the reply!

Well, it should only take a week or two. They may try test it first before sending a replacement. But not long.

It's not often a new PSU will fail, but certainly not unheard of.

No probs. You're welcome. Hopefully that will sort it, or you may have luck with re-seating/reconnecting everything.

Solution