[SOLVED] Why is my PC freezing and making a buzzing sound?

Jan 16, 2020
So this problem usually occurs the machine has set idle for a while. It will work for a few minutes after being idle then the screen will go completely blank usually white or rarely with lines going vertically through the screen. It is usually accompanied by a loud buzzing sound that comes out of the speakers. What could be the problem? Below is a copy of my PC info with the make and model of my PSU.

Operating System
Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
CPU
Intel Core i5 3470 @ 3.20GHz 58 °C
Ivy Bridge 22nm Technology
RAM
14.0GB Dual-Channel DDR3 @ 800MHz (11-11-11-28)
Motherboard
Intel Corporation DH77EB (CPU 1) 40 °C
Graphics
ASUS VS228 (1920x1080@59Hz)
2048MB ATI AMD Radeon R9 200 Series (MSI) 81 °C
Storage
465GB Western Digital WDC WD5003ABYX-01WERA1 (SATA ) 31 °C
Optical Drives
No optical disk drives detected
Audio
AMD High Definition Audio Device

FSP Hyper M 85+ 650W 80 PLUS Bronze Certified Semi Modular Active PFC Power Supply (HA650)

Solution
How long has that FSP Hyper M been in service? Not that it REALLY matters since that unit is very poor quality to begin with.

That is 100% where I'd start.

Case in point. This verification from Jonny Guru (Probably one of the top three or four PSU experts in the world) regarding the quality of that unit.

It certainly COULD be something else, given the age of your platform, but it would be very hard to try and convict something else without KNOWING for certain that we're not dealing with a poor quality or faulty PSU first...
How long has that FSP Hyper M been in service? Not that it REALLY matters since that unit is very poor quality to begin with.

That is 100% where I'd start.

Case in point. This verification from Jonny Guru (Probably one of the top three or four PSU experts in the world) regarding the quality of that unit.

It certainly COULD be something else, given the age of your platform, but it would be very hard to try and convict something else without KNOWING for certain that we're not dealing with a poor quality or faulty PSU first.

Solution