[SOLVED] Why is my PC going mental? High SSD activity

tadaska

Distinguished
Nov 25, 2009
Any idea what is happening? Surely this is not normal? The PC has been feeling very laggy recently. I thought it was because of the game I have running in the background but then I saw this. It goes for a while then it starts settling and for a few moments it looks like it has settled but then it just starts all over again. Any ideas?

5EHIin3.jpg

Solution
look at the scale man, 0 to 10kbps, no wonder its spiking from hardly doing anything. it is possible the game is messing with scheduling so other things are taking a lower priority. have you tried closing the game? rebooting? free space on your ssd will not cause your pc to slow down. your ssd already has hidden free space to keep it running fast until the end.

kenzimarcel

Commendable
Feb 13, 2018
look at the scale man, 0 to 10kbps, no wonder its spiking from hardly doing anything. it is possible the game is messing with scheduling so other things are taking a lower priority. have you tried closing the game? rebooting? free space on your ssd will not cause your pc to slow down. your ssd already has hidden free space to keep it running fast until the end.

Solution

tadaska

Distinguished
Nov 25, 2009
I found two programs running in the background - PingPlotter and Plarium Play. PingPlotter has not been used in months so no idea why it is running. Plarium is the launch app for my game (Raid Shadow Legends). I had exited Plarium so no idea why it was running. I ended both and things normalised. Not sure which one was causing it if at all. Will uninstall Ping Plotter though. And I need a new SSD. What is the popular good but fairly priced larger size SSD these days?