[SOLVED] why is my PC not displaying anything

Jun 8, 2021
I picked up a junk pc and decided to see what was wrong with it, I had to plug in some stuff but it was overall in good condition. The computer will run but it refuses to display anything, My friend told me it might be a problem with the graphics card...

Solution
A PC turning on and a PC 'running' are two very different things. If your threshold for "running" is just the RGB and fans turning on, you could remove the CPU altogether and still get that, it doesn't mean anything beyond the PSU having turned on. The PC can only be considered 'running' if there are clear signs of CPU life such as port 80 debug activity or PC-speaker beep codes from the PC-speaker front panel header. If you get nothing there, the PC is not doing anything at all. On a normal boot, you get one single short beep telling you that the CPU has completed its POST checks and initialization.

So the first step would be to check for codes if you don't want to do blind parts-swapping on a possibly dead CPU/motherboard.

InvalidError

Titan
A PC turning on and a PC 'running' are two very different things. If your threshold for "running" is just the RGB and fans turning on, you could remove the CPU altogether and still get that, it doesn't mean anything beyond the PSU having turned on. The PC can only be considered 'running' if there are clear signs of CPU life such as port 80 debug activity or PC-speaker beep codes from the PC-speaker front panel header. If you get nothing there, the PC is not doing anything at all. On a normal boot, you get one single short beep telling you that the CPU has completed its POST checks and initialization.

So the first step would be to check for codes if you don't want to do blind parts-swapping on a possibly dead CPU/motherboard.

Solution