Question Why is my PC not working again after turning it off after changing the CPU?

QiFash

Reputable
Jan 26, 2015
So I just finished changing my CPU from i3 4130 to i5 4570 and it doesn't turn on anymore after I turned it off to close the case. It worked before and I tested GTA V with no problems and after the test I turned it off. Next thing I knew the PC won't turn up after a few tries and I have no idea what I have done.

QiFash

Reputable
Jan 26, 2015

Wish it was like that, tried different sockets and it doesn't work. Everything inside seems to be normal. I don't know how it even works before and after I shut it down it can't be turned up anymore.

IproZ1

Honorable
Jul 18, 2017

If you still have your old cpu I suggest you try to put it back in and see if it boots.

QiFash

Reputable
Jan 26, 2015
Haven't tested it using my old CPU because truth be told I don't have much time right now to have the hassle to change cpu's again because the fan broke one of my nails when I'm trying to lock the thing.
About the BIOS thing I'm sure it's BIOS is compatible enough to make it run Windows and benchmark some games smoothly before I shut down to close the PC case.