Question why is my pc under performing?

Nov 23, 2018
Hey, so my pc compared to other builds that are identical, performs so poorly. I just got a gtx 1660 ti today, i installed the drivers, amd ryzen 5 2600, and g skill 8x2 gb ram. all parts only a few months old (other than gpu). The temperate stays cool. My fps compared to other builds, are at least 20 fps worse in every game. I dont know what it is please help.

Oh, the way you worded it, it made it seem like you added a Ryzen 2600 as well.

What PSU do you have?

You can try two other things things also, if you installed the 1660ti after another nvidia card you can try and install the driver again but this time choose the custom installation option and check the "Clean installation" box. This will remove most if not all traces of prior Nvidia drivers usually.

Another option encase you came from an AMD card or want to be sure to get rid of every old driver is to use a program called DDU (Display Driver Uninstaller). Then reinstall the latest 1660Ti drivers.

Nov 23, 2018
Oh, the way you worded it, it made it seem like you added a Ryzen 2600 as well.

What PSU do you have?

You can try two other things things also, if you installed the 1660ti after another nvidia card you can try and install the driver again but this time choose the custom installation option and check the "Clean installation" box. This will remove most if not all traces of prior Nvidia drivers usually.

Another option encase you came from an AMD card or want to be sure to get rid of every old driver is to use a program called DDU (Display Driver Uninstaller). Then reinstall the latest 1660Ti drivers.

Ill try the first one, and i have this psu
Update: i did a clean installation and nothing has changed, fps is still low
CX Series™ CX450M — 450 Watt 80 PLUS® Bronze Certified Modular ATX PSU

Last edited: