Question Why is one worse PC performing significantly better than technically better PC?

Dec 25, 2020
I live in two different houses with two different PCs. At one house, I have an RTX 2060 with an i7-9700k and at the other house I have an RTX 2070 with an i7-9700k. However, when playing COD Cold War, the PC with the worse graphics card and same everything else is significantly better FPS-wise, averaging around 100 FPS in-game, while the technically better PC gets around 60-70 FPS, sometimes dropping below. I’m not sure what to do, as I’ve tried using an antivirus to check for malware, made sure that my CPU usage isn’t being taken up, etc. Not only that, but my PC is rated very highly on the user benchmark website. I’ve run out of ideas, and changing graphics settings doesn’t even seem to positively affect my FPS. Also, forgive me if this isn't the right forum to post this. This seems most fitting and I'm desperate.

OrlyP

Reputable
Aug 20, 2020
You could try switching video cards between the two systems and see if the problem stays or follow the GPU.

You can have pretty much identical hardware but I'm certain that different apps are installed on either systems. You can try killing all programs running in the background unrelated to your game and see if that has an effect on performance.

Dec 25, 2020
You could try switching video cards between the two systems and see if the problem stays or follow the GPU.

You can have pretty much identical hardware but I'm certain that different apps are installed on either systems. You can try killing all programs running in the background unrelated to your game and see if that has an effect on performance.
I don't think it has to do with the GPU. As for the background apps, I've already tried that but it hasn't helped. Is there something seemingly undetectable that's going on? Maybe inside the system? Switching the GPUs between the PCs doesn't seem like something I'd want to do. This whole situation is very confusing to me. Thank you for the reply.