Why is steam asking me to download mafia 2 again and again and again

JLat53

Reputable
Jun 20, 2014
This is like the third time steam has asked me to install mafia 2 over. It gives me no error codes or anything, ive entered in the activation codes and everything, the demo worked fine and downloaded fine, i just installed a different game and works fine. It installs, but when i go into steam to actually play the game, i need to install it first and nothing has worked. Should I delete the file somehow or what.

Solution
Steam asks you to install the game or download the whole game again? If it asks you to install the game,or in other words,performs a first time installation every time you launch the game,it's okay ...It happens with me too...You just need to wait until the install finishes (should take a couple of minutes) and start playing...

absxiith

Distinguished
Aug 19, 2011
Steam asks you to install the game or download the whole game again? If it asks you to install the game,or in other words,performs a first time installation every time you launch the game,it's okay ...It happens with me too...You just need to wait until the install finishes (should take a couple of minutes) and start playing...

Solution