[SOLVED] Why is there different WAN names and is it normal please give me an answer

Solution
Can't say for sure but I know many of the fiber installs carry voice and pay/cable television over the same fiber. In effect you have 3 or even more different connections to your house but only 1 really is the internet. The others are used by the ISP to try to sell you more services. It is made even more complex because the fiber itself can actually have mulitple different color lasers running in parallel.

This is one of those things you ask the cable installer and hope he knows. It likely does not have much impact on your ability to use internet.
Nov 3, 2019
Make and model router?

Not sure what router you are working with and what is actually taking place.

Is/are there connections to multiple ISPs?

Overall more information is needed.

However, the following link may provide a starting point:

http://techgenix.com/multi-wan-routers/
My router module is a Huawei HG8245Q
Nope i'm only connected to one ISP
My ISP is Mobily, i live in ksa so i think you don't know about it
It doesn't make any problems i was just wondering.

Can't say for sure but I know many of the fiber installs carry voice and pay/cable television over the same fiber. In effect you have 3 or even more different connections to your house but only 1 really is the internet. The others are used by the ISP to try to sell you more services. It is made even more complex because the fiber itself can actually have mulitple different color lasers running in parallel.

This is one of those things you ask the cable installer and hope he knows. It likely does not have much impact on your ability to use internet.

Reactions: Mohammed3546
Solution
Nov 3, 2019

Ohh that makes sense because there is this box next to my router and when i open it i can see a light green, dark green, and a brown fiber.
Thanks now i know why there is more than one WAN name.