[SOLVED] why is there such a large difference in max fps and min fps?

Apr 3, 2020
hello im having this provlem with fps in fortnite only. idk if its just the game but my friends dont have the same problem. the fps would range between 120 max to 60 minimum which is the largest gap. i realizee that its is the same with other fps caps like 60fps cap woukd have 60 max and 30 min. i need some help. thx
my specs are
Radeon HD 7770
i5-3470
16gb RAM
asrock h77 pro4

Solution
You have a pretty old video card, I would replace that and see how it runs then. FPS depends on too many factors to have a single answer, settings in the game, size of the field, how many players, resolution, etc...

A used RX 580 is about 3 times faster than your video card, cost would be about $100, have seen some for less. Your CPU would be a good match for the card.
You have a pretty old video card, I would replace that and see how it runs then. FPS depends on too many factors to have a single answer, settings in the game, size of the field, how many players, resolution, etc...

A used RX 580 is about 3 times faster than your video card, cost would be about $100, have seen some for less. Your CPU would be a good match for the card.

Solution