Question Why is this happening? (Msi b450m gaming plus)

Lamo5253

Prominent
Jan 28, 2020
Recently I built my first ever computer and things have been going great up until today. I have the following specs for reference.

Msi b450m gaming plus mobo
Athlon 3000g
Vega 3 graphics
G skill 3000mhz memory 16 gb.

So, one issue I was running into was if I did not load the XMP profiles my memory would stay at 2100mhz which was far slower than what I wanted but at the same time running the xmp profile not only seemed to run the fans louder but because my athlon3000g didn't support anything the 3000mhz I was thinking of manually setting it to a frequency it could utilize completely. It is for this reason I changed the dram frequency to 2600 but then decided to not mess with anything and revert the changes and save. From here, things got confusing. Once I did this, I found that there was a red light on the EZDebug for vga which apparently means there's an issue with the graphics. Because this makes no sense I just did everything many forums had told me to do which was to jump the cmos, remove it, and place it back into the motherboard. After doing this about 7 times down amongst a whole host of other things such as reseating everything numerous times it still gives me the same error with no progression. After showing my issue to many they see no reason for this happening and they all seem confused. If anyone has any possible solution that would be much appreciated

Lamo5253

Prominent
Jan 28, 2020
Recently I built my first ever computer and things have been going great up until today. I have the following specs for reference.

Msi b450m gaming plus mobo
Athlon 3000g
Vega 3 graphics
G skill 3000mhz memory 16 gb.

So, one issue I was running into was if I did not load the XMP profiles my memory would stay at 2100mhz which was far slower than what I wanted but at the same time running the xmp profile not only seemed to run the fans louder but because my athlon3000g didn't support anything the 3000mhz I was thinking of manually setting it to a frequency it could utilize completely. It is for this reason I changed the dram frequency to 2600 but then decided to not mess with anything and revert the changes and save. From here, things got confusing. Once I did this, I found that there was a red light on the EZDebug for vga which apparently means there's an issue with the graphics. Because this makes no sense I just did everything many forums had told me to do which was to jump the cmos, remove it, and place it back into the motherboard. After doing this about 7 times down amongst a whole host of other things such as reseating everything numerous times it still gives me the same error with no progression. After showing my issue to many they see no reason for this happening and they all seem confused. If anyone has any possible solution that would be much appreciated
Edit:
The red debug led light is actually for cpu

Your platform doesn't support 3000mhz memory configurations. You will need to try to do as follows. Exactly as follows. Not part this and part something else and stand one memory module on it's head while humming the national anthem. JUST this, as outlined.

BIOS Hard Reset procedure

Power off the unit, switch the PSU off and unplug the PSU cord from either the wall or the power supply.

Remove the motherboard CMOS battery for five minutes. In some cases it may be necessary to remove the graphics card to access the CMOS battery.

During that five minutes, press the power button on the case for 30 seconds. After the five minutes is up, reinstall the CMOS battery making sure to insert it with the correct side up just as it came out.

If you had to remove the graphics card you can now reinstall it, but remember to reconnect your power cables if there were any attached to it as well as your display cable.

Now, plug the power supply cable back in, switch the PSU back on and power up the system. It should display the POST screen and the options to enter CMOS/BIOS setup. Enter the bios setup program and reconfigure the boot settings for either the Windows boot manager or for legacy systems, the drive your OS is installed on if necessary.

Save settings and exit. If the system will POST and boot then you can move forward from there including going back into the bios and configuring any other custom settings you may need to configure.

It would be advisable that you enable the A-XMP profile at this point, in the BIOS, AND then, before saving settings and exiting the BIOS, MANUALLY set the memory speed to 2933mhz but leave the rest of the settings that were configured by A-XMP alone.

If that fails to solve your issue, then it is likely you have a memory kit that is ok at the default JEDEC speed of 2133mhz but is not going to work when you load the A-XMP profile settings because one or more timings or other aspects of the memory kit is not compatible when configured outside the default baseline configuration.

Knowing the EXACT model of your memory kit would help to determine if this is a problem with incompatible memory or not.

IF you have incompatible memory it would be advisable to either settle for running them at the default speed OR return them and get a compatible kit. If that is not possible then you might want to consider selling them, and getting a compatible kit. Nothing to do or say until we know what the memory kit model is though.