Why is TouchWiz so bad?

KrutikFTW

Reputable
May 13, 2015
im looking to buy a new phone, most likely will be LG G4 but i looked at the S6 hardware and it is one of the top of the line hardware (DDR4 ram, an Exynos 7420 chipset etc) the only bad thing i'm hearing about the phone is that its touchwiz. in fact, i see so much hate on it that it seems to be is the only reason why galaxy phones seem so much of a letdown every year.

According to my experience using S2, S3, S4 mini and Note 3.
Samsung develops TouchWiz or to be short Samsung's stock ROM not in a proper manner.
Samsung's stock ROMs are highly unstable, buggy, fully not optimized, half-finished stock apps, full of uninstallable bloatwares, etc.
Samsung still does not understand that the biggest turn down for their phones is their software.

I would definitely look else where if you want a good smartphone. Sony, 1+ and HTC are my preferences at the moment.
I have currently Z3, Z2, Z2 tablet and 1+1. 1+1 is my daily driver.

KrutikFTW

Reputable
May 13, 2015

i can't really get the oneplus one because its not on verizon, though if it was i would definitely get it. i like the LG G4 because of the curved design and the amount of built-in customization. plus, the LG G4 is QHD display and a removable battery, the HTC and Xperia phones don't have that.

I do not know about how LG phones really are. I have never had any of them.
QHD is not necessary on smartphone up to 5.5 inch. I prefer to have FullHD with more battery live.
The replaceable battery on G4 should be your main attention since this should be one of the most important difference to HTC One M9 or Sony Z2/3/4.
Z2/3/4 is however waterproof in exchange to the replaceable battery.

yimmi

Distinguished
Aug 4, 2011
ok having a nexus 5 why i like nexus line in general,i have the phone rooted,i have used other roms as well and when my phone got a hardware issue(power button) lg changed it immediately,i guess because google is behind the project,what i mean is every phone has it's up and downs but having a rooted device and noone cared was awesome so what i mean go to a more vanilla type phone,i would suggest a nexus or a motorolla or ofc one plus,what is the point having a great device that has tons of bloatware and if you touch it because its your you destroy your warantee it is honestly a joke