Why isn't my water cooler flashing/pumping?

slideRzZjeH

Reputable
Dec 20, 2015
Hello everyone!

I have a Deepcool Malestorm 240T and I changed my motherboard yesterday from a b150m-d3h to a B360-HD3. I always connected the watercooler pump to the CPU fan header so now I did the same. The watercooler now doesn't flashing, but the Aida64 says it's working. Howewer I tried to connect the pump to a sys_fan header and it flashed there. I tried the CPU fan header with a simple 3 pin ventilator, and that worked as well. If I change the CPU fan headers speed to 100%, the watercooler is starting to flash. Is there any way to fix this problem? Because in this case I don't see if it's working. It is because the gigabyte motherbaord? What I should do?

Thanks for the help!

Solution
Your sentence:

" I always connected the watercooler pump to the CPU fan header so now I did the same." caught my eye.

Do you have the User Guides/Manuals for your motherboard and cooler?

My thought is that there is an incorrect physical connection, a faulty wire or plug, or a configuration error.

Double check your setup to determine if all is as it should be. Then work on the physical connections and configuration settings. Swap connectors if possible.

And remember to keep the fans in mind. There may be some other factor involved - perhaps temperature related....

Would not expect a PSU problem at this time. Still keep that in mind as you work and test things.

Ralston18

Titan
Your sentence:

" I always connected the watercooler pump to the CPU fan header so now I did the same." caught my eye.

Do you have the User Guides/Manuals for your motherboard and cooler?

My thought is that there is an incorrect physical connection, a faulty wire or plug, or a configuration error.

Double check your setup to determine if all is as it should be. Then work on the physical connections and configuration settings. Swap connectors if possible.

And remember to keep the fans in mind. There may be some other factor involved - perhaps temperature related....

Would not expect a PSU problem at this time. Still keep that in mind as you work and test things.

Solution