Question Why my gpu is underperforming?

Jan 22, 2020
i have an rx 550 which in benchmarks did 150-210 fps in league of legends very high preset but in my system it does 70-140 fps on low preset. i think the psu is holding back the gpu the psu is 250 watts the recommended was 400 could it be the psu's fault and if so how do know what to upgrade to? and if it will fit and if all the cables would be right im not much a of a pc guy but i know how to do some things.

Jan 22, 2020
What CPU do you have? High frame rate is also dependent on the CPU you have and certain games such as LoL favor CPU usage more then GPU.
i3 3220 but the same cpu did 120
-190 fps with gddr5 gt 730 on high settings weirdly enough. but i should still upgrade my psu so the gpu isnt held back.

Yeah I would start with a better PSU. Im assuming this is a prebuilt computer like a Dell or HP? If so you may have trouble finding a PSU that will fit in the case as HP and Dell both have used and still use non standard size power supplies.

Jan 22, 2020
Yeah I would start with a better PSU. Im assuming this is a prebuilt computer like a Dell or HP? If so you may have trouble finding a PSU that will fit in the case as HP and Dell both have used and still use non standard size power supplies.
But it looks like a standard atx psu to me. Its not that weird hp flip open psu its mounted on the bottom of the case.

Jan 22, 2020
But it looks like a standard atx psu to me. Its not that weird hp flip open psu its mounted on the bottom of the case.
I just also dont want to mess anything up as ive never done anything like this. All ive done is put cpu's in sockets. Ive put in ram and gpu's i havent done anything else

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS