[SOLVED] Why my laptop does not work on battery alone ?

Oct 16, 2020
Hello,
I have a laptop which from day to day doesn't want work on battery alone. If i plugg charger laptop turn normally, but if i unplug laptop immediately turns off. Windows show that battery is charging and has 100%. When i try power on the laptop with battery alone, i get no reaction, no leds. i tried reset the bios but nothing. When the laptop worked fine, battery too work perfectly. Laptop's model is HP Notebook - 17-bs037cl. Any ideas?

Solution
Hi,

Well, since the notebook is about 4yo +- it might be just the battery is dead (too soon for that but possible), whenever you unplug it from charger it shuts down is a sign of no power, so either the windows shows 100% of battery is charged, but that might equal to 30 seconds or 1 second of time.

Try charging it up, shut it down, disconnect charger, remove battery, hold power off for 1minute and put battery back in and try power on, if nothing, i think for 99% its the battery dead. you could get it measured, but since you can buy it cheap for maybe 30€ it would be my guess that thats it.

Let me know.

Morterio

Great
Dec 4, 2020
Hi,

Well, since the notebook is about 4yo +- it might be just the battery is dead (too soon for that but possible), whenever you unplug it from charger it shuts down is a sign of no power, so either the windows shows 100% of battery is charged, but that might equal to 30 seconds or 1 second of time.

Try charging it up, shut it down, disconnect charger, remove battery, hold power off for 1minute and put battery back in and try power on, if nothing, i think for 99% its the battery dead. you could get it measured, but since you can buy it cheap for maybe 30€ it would be my guess that thats it.

Let me know.

Solution
Oct 16, 2020
I tried this but no effects. Laptop have "HP PC hardware diagnostic UEFI". I was trying make diagnostic but I got information that battery have 100% and i have to discharge battery.

Morterio

Great
Dec 4, 2020
Yes, but are you able to boot from it?

I experienced that sometimes its glitched, that whenever you go from battery to turning on, it doesnt, but put cable in than battery and than it works from battery juice.

But in this case i think the battery readings are wrong.

TRENDING THREADS