Question Why my laptop is turn off after 5 to 20 min suddenly?

Xspanky

Honorable
Oct 26, 2016
Hello;
My hp laptop got a problem with turning on
When i plug my laptop to charger and power on the laptop. It will start with no problems.. Then after 5 to 20 min the laptop go off and the charger LED light off.. After i unplug charger and plug again i start the laptop again put this time it will take less time maybe 3 min then go off again. And the charger LED off again..

I tried different charger, unplug the battery and holding the power button for 30 sec.. And still not solved.

Hope you can help me with this problem and it's clear to you :)

Xspanky

Honorable
Oct 26, 2016
Does the hp laptop get very warm or even hot before it goes off?

Which specific HP laptop model? Are you able to borrow a battery from someone else to try that battery in your laptop?
Its
HP notebook PC
Model number: G62-b81EE

No the laptop nit getting warm at all...
No i have no other battery.. But i tried with the battery off but the same problem.

Ralston18

Titan
My thought is either a power supply (PSU) problem or perhaps the CPU overheating.

Are you running Windows 10?

If the laptop does indeed work for at least a few minutes, boot up and look in Reliability History/Manager.

There may be some error codes or warnings that correspond to the times of the shutdowns.

Event Viewer may also show those errors.

Xspanky

Honorable
Oct 26, 2016
My thought is either a power supply (PSU) problem or perhaps the CPU overheating.

Are you running Windows 10?

If the laptop does indeed work for at least a few minutes, boot up and look in Reliability History/Manager.

There may be some error codes or warnings that correspond to the times of the shutdowns.

Event Viewer may also show those errors.
No im using windows 7..and yeah it boot up verey well for the 5 to 20 mins.. I browse use my programd or even watch series but the its go off..
No nothing appears or correspond in the time of shutdown..