[SOLVED] why my laptop's wifi is not connecting to 2.5 ghz hotspot?

vishal kr

Distinguished
Jan 29, 2014
I am using a lenovo idepad 330s laptop and generally i use internet by connecting it to my mobile hotspot. previously it was connecting to all network bands both 2.4 and 5ghz but from 1 week its not. its only connecting to 5 ghz network. I am using windows 11 on my laptop and if there is any problem in my wifi how to check it.Plz help

Ralston18

Titan
Any error messages or pop-up windows when the 2.4 GHz connection fails?

Do other wireless devices successfully connect via 2.4 GHz?

On the IdeaPad try running the built-in Windows Troubleshooters. The troubleshooters may find and fix something.

Manually download the network adapter drivers via the manufacturer's website. Reinstall and reconfigure. No third party tools or installers.

vishal kr

Distinguished
Jan 29, 2014
No it's not connecting to any 2.4 ghz network as I tried 2 to 3 mobile hotspots and no one connected and when I try to connect it only says can't connect to this network and when I switched my hotspot to 5ghz it connects instantly and can it be a hardware problem?and i tried windows troubleshooter and it didn't worked.

Oct 4, 2022
If your laptop won't connect to any 2.4GHz networks any more it's likely a hardware issue.

Try a separate wifi USB dongle if you can.

OH and try changing the hotspot mode from N to G and see if that works.
I have a laptop that is a disaster on N - causes slow connections and jams the wifi for other devices!