Question Why my motherboard is not detecting my GPU

Holala

Commendable
Aug 15, 2019
I have tested my asus gtx 650 on another computer and works fine. But on my actual computer simply nothing display and nothing in device manager
I've tried:
Resetting the bios
Enable pcie express in bios
Make sure it has enough power
Check the cables
Im sure it has enough power and the cable works fine

Specs: Msi K9A2GM V3
Gpu: Asus Gtx 650

Lutfij

Titan
When posting a thread of troubleshooting nature, it's customary to include your full system's specs. Please list them like so:
CPU:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:
Chassis:

Do both system's, donor and yours have the exact same specs as well as the same PSU? Also, mind sharing the age of the PSU you're working with? You might want to parse the specs to the other machine you have access to so we can understand if your PCIe slot might be the issue.

Holala

Commendable
Aug 15, 2019
When posting a thread of troubleshooting nature, it's customary to include your full system's specs. Please list them like so:
CPU:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:
Chassis:

Do both system's, donor and yours have the exact same specs as well as the same PSU? Also, mind sharing the age of the PSU you're working with? You might want to parse the specs to the other machine you have access to so we can understand if your PCIe slot might be the issue.
CPU:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:
Chassis:

Cpu : Amd phenom x3
Mb : Msi K9A2GM V3
Ram : 2gb ddr2
Gpu : Asus Gtx 650
Psu : Antec 450 watt

Holala

Commendable
Aug 15, 2019
Hi!

try:

Updating driver
Clean install driver using The DDU software
Disable integrated GPU
Make sure you have enough power supply to run your graphics card
Windows-10-UEFI-768x431.jpg
And try UEFI firmware settings in Recovery mode :)

Good luck!
Hi i have enough power to power the gpu but the gou doesn't display and not even detected in device manager
Thanks for your reply