Question why no on/off button for Samsung Printer

Novel8

Distinguished
Jul 22, 2013
I couldn't find a Printer forum so I came here to Hardware. My added switch to the power cord has shorted. So i connected the power directly to a outlet, and the Printer is working fine, but after using it, lack of that switch, i couldn't find a way to turn the Printer off...there is no ON/OFF button....so I had to unplug the cord, which i find tedious each time i want to turn it on and off. Is there a reason why they did not add such a button? In the meantime i will fix that switch, cause its very convient.

Novel8

Distinguished
Jul 22, 2013
http://h10032.www1.hp.com/ctg/Manual/c05786432.pdf

pg 18
Right above the cable connection on the back.

However...pg 21 states: "Press the power key or turn the switch on if the machine has a power switch."
Which would seem to suggest it may NOT have a power switch, and it just goes into Sleep mode.
Yes, i saw that too...it seems Samsung saved some money by omitting the switch on some of their Printers, mine being one of them. Pressing on the ON button does nothing other than setting it up to print, which it does, but does not turn off or sleep as you mentioned. My scanner does work like that, pressing the on button turns it on and off. Thanks