Question Why one the lower LEDs of my GPU doesn't turn on ?

Mar 27, 2024
So i have had my RTX 3070 MSI Gaming X Trio for like 2 years and everything was working fine, but from one day to another one of the lower leds just doesn't turns on or at least that's what it looks like till i go to msi center and just lights on green with some effects like "patrolling" or "lightning". Also i realized that the amount of fps on furmark is slightly lower than before (188fps avg) and before was over 195fps. smth to add: idk why but when i was blowing air throught the gpu with a hair blower i see a spark come out from the gpu (idk if it comes from the air blower or the gpu).

Solution
This:

"i was blowing air throught the gpu with a hair blower i see a spark come out from the gpu (idk if it comes from the air blower or the gpu)."

A spark means that a bunch of electrons went from Point A to Point B on their way to ground(earth).

Point A and Point B being arbitary and unknown starting and ending points.

Depending on the electron's actual path or paths they may have damaged or destroyed some component or components such as the mentioned LED.

There could be other damage which may or may not lead to other problems.

About all you can do is keep an eye on things and ensure that all important data is being regularly backed up. Which should be being done anyway.

Also - no more cleaning with hair dryers, vacuums...

Ralston18

Titan
This:

"i was blowing air throught the gpu with a hair blower i see a spark come out from the gpu (idk if it comes from the air blower or the gpu)."

A spark means that a bunch of electrons went from Point A to Point B on their way to ground(earth).

Point A and Point B being arbitary and unknown starting and ending points.

Depending on the electron's actual path or paths they may have damaged or destroyed some component or components such as the mentioned LED.

There could be other damage which may or may not lead to other problems.

About all you can do is keep an eye on things and ensure that all important data is being regularly backed up. Which should be being done anyway.

Also - no more cleaning with hair dryers, vacuums, etc.. Use canned air and carefully follow the instructions.

Reactions: Annsom
Solution