[SOLVED] Why only the third-party modified graphics cards are found in amazon?

InfinityVive

Great
BANNED
May 23, 2019
So, I was searching Amazon today for graphics cards, And I have noticed that when I search from a graphics card it only finds third-party modified ones not stock, For example I type Radeon RX 570, And I only find ones from MSI or PowerColor or so, Why is the stock original one is not found? Why only EVGA/Asus/MSI/Gigabye/XFX etc... Graphics cards are found and the search will rarely find the Stock one?

Solution
Nvidia/AMD is only responsible for design of the pcb, cooler and chipset, sales and software. Actual manufacturing is done by TSMC (Taiwan Semiconductor Manufacturing Company) under contract. The chips go to AIB Partners like Asus, MSI, Gigabyte etc who may or may not use the reference pcb and/or cooler depending on model. The AIB Partners will bin the chips themselves, then resale any reference gpus to 3rd party OEM under contract like Dell, HP etc. Same is done for motherboards, Asus and MSI supply most of what's inside your everyday Dell or XPS pc

Karadjgne

Titan
Ambassador
Many of the newer cards don't have a manufacturer reference model, amd/nvidia is just making the chipset/pcb and partners/vendors are doing the rest.

Some models, like the Titans or Quadro catds, are specialized to the point where partners normally skip using those, and stick with more mainstream models. So nvidia/amd will have those as OEM reference models.

Last edited:

Latios

Reputable
Oct 12, 2016
i just had that very thing while looking for a Founders edition GTX 1060

no matter where i look i can never find cards with the original manufactures cooler on and all i find instead are the nasty ones from ZOTAC and EVGA & so on with their strange plastic shrouds and thin axial fans and exposed heatsinks ♪

your best bet for finding a "founders edition" card is sourcing the manufacturers website or if all else has failed, used item marketplaces like ebay etc

seems like most people aren't buying them as they think the centrifugal fan is inferior, my 96°C Titan X disagrees...

slingsrat

Honorable
May 31, 2016
When AMD and Nvidia manufacture chips they end up with chips of varying quality. They sell the premium chips to third parties to make cards and use the chips that are closer to base specifications in their reference cards. The third party companies then overclock the chips to make faster cards. The companies you mention are perfectly capable of making decent graphics cards.

Karadjgne

Titan
Ambassador
Nvidia/AMD is only responsible for design of the pcb, cooler and chipset, sales and software. Actual manufacturing is done by TSMC (Taiwan Semiconductor Manufacturing Company) under contract. The chips go to AIB Partners like Asus, MSI, Gigabyte etc who may or may not use the reference pcb and/or cooler depending on model. The AIB Partners will bin the chips themselves, then resale any reference gpus to 3rd party OEM under contract like Dell, HP etc. Same is done for motherboards, Asus and MSI supply most of what's inside your everyday Dell or XPS pc

Solution