Question Why slow start up on Gigabyte Z690 board?

Calab

Distinguished
Jul 19, 2014
It takes over 14 seconds from hitting the power switch until the Gigabyte logo appears on my screen. It only takes a couple of seconds after that for Grub to load, allowing me to choose Linux or Windows. Most of these 14 seconds are spent with the VGA LED on my mainboard lit up, indicating it is trying to start up the VGA card.

Mainboard is a Gigabyte Z690 AX UD DDR4 v1 mainboard with the latest BIOS. Video card is an Asus ROG Strix 3060RTX 12GB card. Processor is an Intel 12900K. There is 32GB of memory in a pair of 16GB XPG DDR4 sticks, running at 3200. Main drive is a Samsung 980 Pro M2 drive. There is also a Kingston M2 drive and a Seagate 8TB SATA drive connected.

Does anyone have any idea why the system takes so long to get to the Gigabyte logo after hitting the power switch?

It takes over 14 seconds from hitting the power switch until the Gigabyte logo appears on my screen. It only takes a couple of seconds after that for Grub to load, allowing me to choose Linux or Windows. Most of these 14 seconds are spent with the VGA LED on my mainboard lit up, indicating it is trying to start up the VGA card.

Mainboard is a Gigabyte Z690 AX UD DDR4 v1 mainboard with the latest BIOS. Video card is an Asus ROG Strix 3060RTX 12GB card. Processor is an Intel 12900K. There is 32GB of memory in a pair of 16GB XPG DDR4 sticks, running at 3200. Main drive is a Samsung 980 Pro M2 drive. There is also a Kingston M2 drive and a Seagate 8TB SATA drive connected.

Does anyone have any idea why the system takes so long to get to the Gigabyte logo after hitting the power switch?
Unplug the kingston and seagate disk see if it makes a diff.

Any difference after unplugging the other drives?