[SOLVED] Why so expensive?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Solution
Is there some legitimate way of getting windows 10 cheaper? paying 120 is a lot
Download it and install it, not registered then when you can afford a legit license buy it and register it.

I've had several people frown on the price, it can take away form the performance parts having to spend the extra money on it especially on a budget build. So I recommend going ahead and getting the best performance you can for the money, then when you can buy it and register it.

EDIT Buy a legit copy not from a hack site.
Oct 28, 2020
Why do you think it is "a lot"?
What is your point of comparison?
How much do you pay for other licensed software?
In other softwares I pay for I will actually use all of the software. In windows the only reason I need it is to launch my games easily. I don't need any of the other features

USAFRet

Titan
In other softwares I pay for I will actually use all of the software. In windows the only reason I need it is to launch my games easily. I don't need any of the other features
It is the main interface between you, all your other software, and the hardware. You use far more of it than may appear.
And is compatible with hundreds of thousands of applications, and uncounted hardware configurations.

It is the main interface between you, all your other software, and the hardware. You use far more of it than may appear.
And is compatible with hundreds of thsounds of applications, and uncounted hardware configurations.
It's expensive where I live because our Per capita income itself is low. But I like to think I'm morally superior when I purchase windows instead of pirating it lmao

Technically you don't need a license to run Windows indefinitely. You just lose some non-essential features (mostly customization) and a watermark is displayed on the desktop.

Or you can just switch to Linux and hope a combination of native support, Wine, and Proton can run everything you want.

Mike2009

Distinguished
Mar 16, 2009
Technically you can run windows just fine with out activation you just got to put up with a small watermark in the bottom right of your screen ,,, but if you watch certain youtubers videos they offer ways to get 10 cheaper through other means but i wont name any of that.

Zerk2012

Titan
Ambassador
Is there some legitimate way of getting windows 10 cheaper? paying 120 is a lot
Download it and install it, not registered then when you can afford a legit license buy it and register it.

I've had several people frown on the price, it can take away form the performance parts having to spend the extra money on it especially on a budget build. So I recommend going ahead and getting the best performance you can for the money, then when you can buy it and register it.

EDIT Buy a legit copy not from a hack site.

Solution
Oct 28, 2020
Technically you can run windows just fine with out activation you just got to put up with a small watermark in the bottom right of your screen ,,, but if you watch certain youtubers videos they offer ways to get 10 cheaper through other means but i wont name any of that.
How would I start windows on a completly new pc? I thought I needed it on a usb so how would I do it without buying it first

Mike2009

Distinguished
Mar 16, 2009
ok ,, you can download the windows 10 image from microsoft ,,, put it on a usb drive they actually have instructions on how to do that on the site, its pretty simple, you install windows you dont put in a key ,, you just skip that and everything installs as normal,, youll just have a little windows thing in the bottom right hand corner all the time and technically you can do a small registry hack to remove that but you wont be able to set a custom desktop theme,,, thats really the only limitation ican recall with unactivated window and you can run it with out that full time no timer on when to activate

if you have an old windows 7 key that is still valid ,,, install the same version of windows 10 as your windows 7 key and chances are it will still validate as a register windows 10 ,,,

Oct 28, 2020
ok ,, you can download the windows 10 image from microsoft ,,, put it on a usb drive they actually have instructions on how to do that on the site, its pretty simple, you install windows you dont put in a key ,, you just skip that and everything installs as normal,, youll just have a little windows thing in the bottom right hand corner all the time and technically you can do a small registry hack to remove that but you wont be able to set a custom desktop theme,,, thats really the only limitation ican recall with unactivated window and you can run it with out that full time no timer on when to activate
okay thank you <3

Ryzen 5 3600/ CM Hyper 212 RGB/ Gigabyte B550 Aorus Pro AC/ Gigabyte RTX 2070 Super Windforce OC 3X 8G/ G.Skill Ripjaws V 3000Mhz 8GBx2 CL16/ Samsung 860 Evo 500GB 2.5" + 1TB 2.5" + 500GB M.2/ Corsair RM650 (2019)/ Corsair SP140 RGB Pro iCUE x2/ Corsair Lighting Node Core/ Noctua NF-F12 iPPC 3000 x1/ Corsair Carbide 275R/ Acer VG240YP/ Corsair K68 RGB (CMX Red)/ Corsair M55 Pro RGB/ HyperX Fury S Pro Large/ HyperX Wrist Rest/ HyperX Cloud Alpha / Audio-Technica ATR3350/ APC BX-1100C/ Logitech C270/ OnePlus 7
I see probably $1500 in hardware here. Windows 10 Home is $110, even less on sale. Every piece of your PC costs as much as it costs.

And if you can get Office for $25 (legit?? doubltful), then get Windows for $25 from that place as well. And stop complaining, or complain to Microsoft if they've chosen such pricing policy.

chrisfoose

Distinguished
Aug 31, 2014
I think I saw Kinguin as a sponsor on Linus Tech Tips so I don't know. $35 seems kind of legit. Once I bought a Win 10 license on eBay for $10 and eight months later it was revoked, lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.