[SOLVED] Why this over that

Tabstract Studio

Prominent
Mar 24, 2020
I was just getting ready to purchase an msi gaming pro carbon ac, but then I saw someone reply to a post about the "same " board but in a max version as well as the Tomahawk board. I also saw someone post that a x470 wash better was higher end materials. I have looked at b550's and the X series are out of my range considering that I will only be using a Ryzen 7 2700x and I only have one shot to get it right. I do not play games but do tons of art work, photo editing and some video editing. I would appreciate a suggestion for some reliable RAM. Any suggestions for a good case that will allow me to put a bluray writer. Thank you.

Solution
I was just getting ready to purchase an msi gaming pro carbon ac, but then I saw someone reply to a post about the "same " board but in a max version as well as the Tomahawk board. I also saw someone post that a x470 wash better was higher end materials. I have looked at b550's and the X series are out of my range considering that I will only be using a Ryzen 7 2700x and I only have one shot to get it right. I do not play games but do tons of art work, photo editing and some video editing. I would appreciate a suggestion for some reliable RAM. Any suggestions for a good case that will allow me to put a bluray writer. Thank you.
Max versions b450 have larger capacity BIOS so it will be more compatible with 4000 series Ryzen...
Max versions b450 have larger capacity BIOS so it will be more compatible with 4000 series Ryzen and are also factory compatible with 3000 series Ryzen while for 3000 you would need updated BIOS. Also newer and may have some details updated. Otherwise, non-Max would do just fine with with 2700x. You wouldn't see any difference in actual performance.

Solution