[SOLVED] Why won't my memory's frequency work at 3200MHz?

Jan 1, 2022
I have had my computer for around two years and have been able to use 3200mhz no problem but I had just bought a samsung 980 pro it works of course not as good as it could because my mobo doesn't have pcie 4.0 ...anyways when I try to have my ram on 3200mhz it does american megatrends error thing and resets back to 2133 :( anyone please help thanks in advance

asus b450 f gaming
2x8gb 3200mhz (but obv not running at that :( )
ryzen 7 2700x @ 3.7ghz
2060 super 8gb

Solution
I have had my computer for around two years and have been able to use 3200mhz no problem but I had just bought a samsung 980 pro it works of course not as good as it could because my mobo doesn't have pcie 4.0 ...anyways when I try to have my ram on 3200mhz it does american megatrends error thing and resets back to 2133 :( anyone please help thanks in advance

asus b450 f gaming
ryzen 7 2700x @ 3.7ghz
2060 super 8gb
try to update the bios to the latest

asus b450 f gaming
ryzen 7 2700x @ 3.7ghz
2060 super 8gb

Reactions: Tomithyx
Solution
Jan 1, 2022

It fixed my issue with my memory, i really appreciate you answering my question and helping me and anyone else you do also of the time people just ignore me or tell me to go google my problems when it's impossible to find anything because i don't know the technical terms to search or the exact issue even when the solution is so simple again thank you :)

It fixed my issue with my memory, i really appreciate you answering my question and helping me and anyone else you do also of the time people just ignore me or tell me to go google my problems when it's impossible to find anything because i don't know the technical terms to search or the exact issue even when the solution is so simple again thank you :)
well this thing happened to my friends r5 2600, updated to the latest bios and the latest agesa, now he could do 3200mhz in 2 different ram at the same timing, before it was impossible, now he could do it stable like out of nowhere. his rame isavexir core with xmp of 2666, and klevv at 3200 xmp, both running 3200mhz using klevv timings. glad i could help :D

Reactions: cjgroveuk

cjgroveuk

Distinguished
Jan 13, 2015
Dont worry too much about people telling you to google. Google doesn't work so great for technical or DIY searches anymore.