Wi-Fi disconnecting frequently (WUSB6300, Win 10)

screminmemes

Distinguished
Feb 6, 2012
I have been having these issues for quite some time and I have tried searching the threads and all solutions (even if they don't seem to match my issue exactly.) No success so far.

My Wi-Fi connection using a Linksys WUSB6300 adapter comes and goes fairly frequently. Once the connection is lost I have to right click the Wi-Fi settings, disconnect from the Wi-Fi, then reconnect. It will stay on for about 30 seconds to 2 mins, then disconnect again (despite saying it is still "Connected, secured.")

This is not a loss of Internet connection at the modem or router signal as my Fire TV Stick, phone, etc still keep their connection. When it happens, I cannot connect to the router (192.168.1.1) as it gives me a "Page not available" error.

Equipment-
Adapter: Linksys WUSB6300
Router: NetGear N300

Things I have tried:

- Disabled "Allow Windows to turn off this device to save power" setting (never used since this is a desktop.)
- Updated drivers and firmware (only stock firmware available) for adapter and Wi-Fi router
- Replaced driver with RTWLANU_Driver Win8x64 as suggested in some threads
- Tried front panel and rear panel USB 2.0 and 3.0 ports. As of right now I am able to connect and it seems to be maintaining a solid connection via a rear USB 3.0 port. This could change at any moment (first time I can recall trying this particular port.) I do *not* get the USB disconnect sound when the connection drops out, so it isn't losing the connection to the adapter itself.
- Restarted computer after every attempted fix
- Checked to make sure there is very little interference between router and adapter. It is 2.4 GHz only so it should have a decent range and there are 3 drywall walls and about 40 ft between router and PC. No large metal or concrete fixtures.
- Disabled all Wi-Fi Sense settings (which don't exist under "Wi-Fi" sense anymore, but have similar settings (i.e. "Automatically connect to open Wi-Fi networks.")

There may be some more steps that I have done, but I can't think of them off the top of my head. I will let you know in responses if I have tried something else or not. This has been going on for about a year now, since I got the USB adapter but was also happening (with less frequency) on my previous adapter/wi-fi combo.