Question wi-fi/ LAN security

Aug 27, 2024
Im looking for an affordable solution to help a customer add open wifi to their network so they can offer a free hotspot but I need to protect the LAN from access as they have a server and many computers and printers on the network. I would usually just use a ubiquiti solution but I need something that can hide the LAN. Any help would be appreciated

Many routers have a "guest" feature. For simple networks where you only have a single router what this does is only allow devices on this special network to only go to the internet.

If you have multiple AP in the network you will need to use vlans and equipment that supports vlans.

kanewolf

Titan
Im looking for an affordable solution to help a customer add open wifi to their network so they can offer a free hotspot but I need to protect the LAN from access as they have a server and many computers and printers on the network. I would usually just use a ubiquiti solution but I need something that can hide the LAN. Any help would be appreciated
Ubiquiti can shield the LAN with VLANS and the proper firewall rules.
The simplest option is to have a second router with the WAN cascaded to the first LAN. First LAN provides public, second LAN is private. Second NAT protects the private network.