Wi-Fi light not doing what it is supposed to do

That DJ Dude

Commendable
Jul 13, 2016
I have an HP Pavilion 15, I have great trouble with hackers attacking me, so I uninstalled my wifi adapter, so then its supposed to stay amber right? So even when disabled or even uninstalled, when I use my laptop for a few hours it would stay amber, then blink a few times and then turn white as if connected?

Solution
I don't care what the light does -- that is not the issue.

Can you actually use the adapter when in flight mode or when the adapter is disabled?

If not, then you have no concerns other than a light that is apparently not working properly but is hardly worth worrying about.

If you can connect when disabled, however, then you may have to physically disconnect the adapter to disable it.

RealBeast

Titan
You should be able to select airplane mode to turn off your wireless instead of uninstalling the adapter.

If you are using it at home and have a router with WPA2 security with WPS turned off, hackers should not be an issue. If it is a problem at public locations, set the network as public and you should be fine.

That DJ Dude

Commendable
Jul 13, 2016
Yes, the flight mode button is the one with the wifi LED indicator on, but it also does not make a difference to the problem, the light still looks like it connects :-/

That DJ Dude

Commendable
Jul 13, 2016
I think we have a miscommunication here, The flight mode is off, the adapter is disabled, then the white light still comes on as if there is a conection, so I tried uninstalling the adapter completely, it still starts off amber and then flashes, then turns white again as if there is a connection, I do not want to use my wifi adapter at all, I access the internet through a USB dongle, I want my LED light to stay amber, why is it still showing white as connected?

RealBeast

Titan
I don't care what the light does -- that is not the issue.

Can you actually use the adapter when in flight mode or when the adapter is disabled?

If not, then you have no concerns other than a light that is apparently not working properly but is hardly worth worrying about.

If you can connect when disabled, however, then you may have to physically disconnect the adapter to disable it.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS