[SOLVED] Wi-Fi much slower on desktop pc compared to Phone

ZW____

Honorable
May 10, 2017
So I have a PC with a Asrock x470 Taichi motherboard with on board Intel® 802.11ac Wi-Fi Module, and a TP Link PCI e Wi-Fi card in it and when I compare the Wi-Fi speed test results against my Phone or my friend's phone its always 100ish Mbps slower, the Wi-Fi at my house is Wi-Fi 5 @ 200mbps from spectrum, I'm able to achieve that result with my phone but I can only get 110 at best on my PC with either adapters, test runs are done at the same exact location with my phone and my pc, I used multiple speed test websites and all the results are around the same. I'm thinking it might be issues with the 2 adapters in My PC, if that's the case what would be a good adapter to use on my PC that get will me full 200mbps? The two phones used in the test are both Androids: Motorola G100 and Samsung Galaxy S21.

Solution
D
I disable one and test the other one, but I get the same speed using either, I mainly use the intel onboard one

If you are getting the same exact speeds with both cards the issues lies within your router as that doesn't make any sense.

Sounds like your router is prioritizing speeds to your phone and not your pc.

Maybe factory reset your router and see if you get any changes.
D

Deleted member 362816

Give me the model of the TP-Link card. These are known to die quite often but TP link has a good warrenty.

ZW____

Honorable
May 10, 2017
Give me the model of the TP-Link card. These are known to die quite often but TP link has a good warrenty.
not looking to replace it cuz it came from an old ivy bridge era PC, it just says TP Link Wireless PCI Express Adapter in device manager and it works perfectly fine 24/7 but just @110 mbps max, but I am surprised to see how bad the onboard Wi-Fi is, because it says supports up to 433mbps on asrock 's website and I can only get 110 on it max

D

Deleted member 362816

Once again I can't help you or tell you if the speeds are normal or not without knowing the model number and if that is what it shows is device manager looks like you have generic drivers maybe get the model number and download the specific drivers for the card.

D

Deleted member 362816

not looking to replace it cuz it came from an old ivy bridge era PC, it just says TP Link Wireless PCI Express Adapter in device manager and it works perfectly fine 24/7 but just @110 mbps max, but I am surprised to see how bad the onboard Wi-Fi is, because it says supports up to 433mbps on asrock 's website and I can only get 110 on it max

What you are saying doesn't make sense now. If you have a TP link add in card and onboard Wi-Fi which is getting 110mpbs both or one? What one are you using lol?

D

Deleted member 362816

I disable one and test the other one, but I get the same speed using either, I mainly use the intel onboard one

If you are getting the same exact speeds with both cards the issues lies within your router as that doesn't make any sense.

Sounds like your router is prioritizing speeds to your phone and not your pc.

Maybe factory reset your router and see if you get any changes.

Solution