Oct 27, 2024
Hi everyone,

I’m pretty new to PCs, so I’d appreciate any help here. My Wi-Fi stopped working about a week ago, and I’ve tried a lot of things with no success. Here’s what happened:

I was downloading God of War from Steam using my mobile hotspot, and suddenly, there was a power cut. My PC turned off immediately, and since then, the Wi-Fi option hasn’t been showing up at all.

Here’s what I’ve tried so far:
Updating the Wi-Fi driver
Doing a network reset
Running the Windows troubleshooter
Unplugging and re-plugging the Wi-Fi card from the motherboard

None of these steps have worked. I’m running Windows 10 Pro 64-bit, and my motherboard is a B450M DS3H Wi-Fi. I’d really appreciate any advice on what else I can try to get my Wi-Fi back.

Thanks in advance for your help!

Last edited by a moderator:

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

the Wi-Fi option hasn’t been showing up at all
+
I’m running Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
It doesn't show up in Device Manager with a yellow exclamation mark either? If not, then your wireless adapter has conked out.

B450M DS3H Wi-Fi
What BIOS version are you currently on for your motherboard?

Oct 27, 2024
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

the Wi-Fi option hasn’t been showing up at all
+
I’m running Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
It doesn't show up in Device Manager with a yellow exclamation mark either? If not, then your wireless adapter has conked out.

B450M DS3H Wi-Fi
What BIOS version are you currently on for your motherboard?
Bios version F64
Changing the os will fix the issue?

Lutfij

Titan
You didn't answer my other question.

Bios version F64
https://www.gigabyte.com/Motherboard/B450M-DS3H-WIFI-rev-10-11-12-13/support#support-dl-bios
You have BIOS updates pending. Once you've flashed the BIOS to the latest version, clear the CMOS. Disconnect from the wall and display, remove the CMOS battery, press and hold down the power button for 30secs to drain any residual power, then replace after 30mins.

You can try but if you're going to install Windows 10, that too should be in offline mode. Installing your drivers without the internet(yes, that means you need to download them now and store them on a removable drive for install later).

Well it would tell you if the hardware is dead. I would suggest a live-boot of linux so you don't have to install anything but it's a RTL8821CE which can be problematic. Apparently late kernels include an older driver built-in that sort of works but not well. But I guess if it connects at all even if the signal fluctuates or speed is poor, at least you will know the hardware still works.

At this point with Windows 10 having less than a year to live, you may want to try out Windows 11 to see if you like it, if you are going to go through the trouble of reinstalling Windows anyway. At least if you have a new enough CPU in that board, it would be just as easy to do. Windows 12 is supposed to be out by the time Windows 10 support ends, meaning it will probably still be new and buggy then.