Wich CPU i've to take?

TERMINAX

Prominent
Jun 12, 2017
Well, I will play a lot of games but also I will stream and besides that I will do some 3D modeling and/or use after effects/sony vegas.

So, the question is what CPU do you recommend me? In this pc build i search harmony in all components so i'm looking something it has performance but also good temperatures, for that i was looking the i7 but the new i7 7740x it doesn't look interesting and i've readed the 7700k it had problems for overclock, it's fixed? Other model i've seen is the 6600k there' no difference in performance right?(I will not use optane). I've no problem to take a ryzen 1600x or 1700x but I need to know if they've already fixed the RAM problem and apart of that how easy is set memories and how good is performance right now. I pushed months ago buying a gtx970(if I had waited, now i would have a 1060) and i Want to do the best buy. Sorry if my english is bad or text is bad structured.

Thanks

Solution
Depends on your budget. I favor the Ryzen 5 1600, i7 7700, and i7 7700K as the best value CPUs.

-The 7700K doesn't have problems overclocking. There often isn't a lot of temperature headroom unless you delid it, but many are still able to hit 4.7-4.8ghz with a relatively inexpensive tower cooler.

-Ryzen is better than it was. The platform is still somewhat buggy, but as long as you're careful about motherboard selection you should be alright.

Per-core performance is better on the i7. Per clock, it's something like 10-20% faster (depending on the task). It's also clocked higher - perhaps as much as 25% higher, giving something like 35-45% better overall per-core performance. The Ryzen 1600 has 50% more cores though, so in perfectly...
Depends on your budget. I favor the Ryzen 5 1600, i7 7700, and i7 7700K as the best value CPUs.

-The 7700K doesn't have problems overclocking. There often isn't a lot of temperature headroom unless you delid it, but many are still able to hit 4.7-4.8ghz with a relatively inexpensive tower cooler.

-Ryzen is better than it was. The platform is still somewhat buggy, but as long as you're careful about motherboard selection you should be alright.

Per-core performance is better on the i7. Per clock, it's something like 10-20% faster (depending on the task). It's also clocked higher - perhaps as much as 25% higher, giving something like 35-45% better overall per-core performance. The Ryzen 1600 has 50% more cores though, so in perfectly multithreaded workloads it will have an edge. Most software isn't perfectly multithreaded though.

There's also the Ryzen 1700, but 16 threads probably won't be utilized very well most of the time, making the 1600 effectively as good for $100 less.

Solution