Wich internet speed is better for gaming cafe

Radar_ak

Prominent
Mar 15, 2017
Hi , what is the best internet plan for a gaming cafe consist of 10 client pc and 1 is the server , i want to give the server the internet and split it to the 10 pcs , the internet plans here are 1 mb , 2 , 3,4 ,6. Wich one for playing online games like dota 2 and LOL. And it is a good idea to take one plan and split it to the 10 pcs?

Solution
Your best bet if you really want the actual numbers if to run the games and watch the network tab on the resource monitor.

A generic recommended number that runs on most games is 500kbs up and down for each machine. This means you would need to use the 6mbps plan for 10 machines. You do not really want to use a server to do this a router will be much simpler. If you have control of the end machines and do not allow anything other than those 2 games to be played you should not have to do anything complex. If you really want to run a server you will need a dual nic machine and run some free firewall like pfsense. You will still need a router anyway to connect to the ISP so I would try it without the server if you can.
Your best bet if you really want the actual numbers if to run the games and watch the network tab on the resource monitor.

A generic recommended number that runs on most games is 500kbs up and down for each machine. This means you would need to use the 6mbps plan for 10 machines. You do not really want to use a server to do this a router will be much simpler. If you have control of the end machines and do not allow anything other than those 2 games to be played you should not have to do anything complex. If you really want to run a server you will need a dual nic machine and run some free firewall like pfsense. You will still need a router anyway to connect to the ISP so I would try it without the server if you can.

Solution

Radar_ak

Prominent
Mar 15, 2017
I will connect them in the way , i got 3 switches , 1 connected to first 5 pc and second switch connected to the other 5, and the two switches will be connected to the 3 switch wich will be connected to the router and the server. The seitches are 8 port TPlink switch. (Is it a good ?)

It should work fine. You would only be concerned if you were transfer huge amounts of data between machines inside your location. The 5 machines share a single cable to the other switch with 5 machines. When all your traffic goes to the internet that is not a issue because even if you used 100m switches it is still way more than the 6m you get from the ISP.