WiFi (ad hoc) network doesn't restore after night of logoff

Situation:
I've established WiFi peer-to-peer (ad hoc) network between P4-1800 desktop
(using ASUS WL-138g PCI adapter) and Compaq EVO N1015v laptop (using Compaq
Wireless LAN Multiport W200 built-in). Both are running WinXP SP2 with last
drivers for the network adapters installed. The network shares ADSL internet
connection, so the desktop WiFi connection is configured as a DHCP-server and
the laptop one obtains its configuration dynamically.

Problem:
I work (really) on the laptop on evenings and close its lid once go to
sleep. Next morning I open the laptop, but WiFi doesn't connect. I checked
the desktop that always stays online: the same. None can find no wireless
network available. So I forced to restart the desktop and after that the
network restores. Is it possible to fix this issue and don't restart the
desktop each given morning?

Please help me (or say something encouraging...)

Appendix:
I've got "Enable IEEE 802.1x..." checkbox clear (and its tab is disabled) on
both ends.

Many times this symptom is caused by old versions of network adapters. You
might try checking to make sure that you have the most recent drivers.

Thx
--
Brandy Griffin, Microsoft