Question Wifi and Ethernet Slow only on one computer

Nov 19, 2019
Both my wireless network (2.4 and 5 GHz) and network cable connections are slow (6 mbps) only on one of my laptops.

My personal laptop is slow on my wireless network. My connection is usually 100 mbps. I get this speed on all other devices in my home. Phones, tablets, roku, and my work laptop all get normal speed. So I connected my laptop to a network cable, still I get the same slow speed with a direct connection.

Thinking it was a problem with only this computer, I connected the laptop to a mobile hotspot from my phone. The internet speed flew up to 80 mbps.

It seems to be an issue between only this device and only with this router together.

I have tried the following to fix it:
Updated drivers on network card,
Uninstalled and reinstalled network card, updated windows, forgot all networks and cleared temp files, reset router, disabled virus and security software, uninstalled VPN.

I don't know what else to do. The laptop speed is normal on mobile hotspot. The speed is slow on my home network both wired and wireless. The router is fine on all other devices except this one.

Ralston18

Titan
Are you sure that only one network adapter, wired or wireless, is enabled on the slow computer?

Only one network adapter should be enabled.

Have you tried another known working ethernet cable?

Update your post to include full system hardware specs and OS for the slow/one computer.

On the slow/one computer run and post the results of "ipconfig /all".